Who is Mr. Writing Tutor?
I’ve taught high school English in Northeast Queens, NY since 2001. I’ve taught every grade level, English-as-a-second-language, special education, and advanced placement. I’ve also worked in test prep centers in Bayside, Roslyn, and Great Neck.
Five years ago, I started MrWritingTutor.com, an in-person and online tutoring service, and became the #1 writing tutor in New York City according to Yelp. In that time, I’ve helped over a dozen students get into their ideal high schools—Hunter College HS, Stuyvesant, Bronx Science, Brooklyn Tech, Townsend Harris—and colleges—Baruch College, NYU-Shanghai, and Albany.
Most of the students I tutor are middle schoolers in need of general writing or SHSAT prep. I also have experience tutoring students in the following:
· 3rd Grade – General writing help / Reading response assignments
· 4th Grade – General writing help / NYS ELA Test Prep
· 5th Grade – General writing help / NYS ELA Test Prep
· 6th Grade – General writing help / Hunter College HS Exam Prep
· 7th Grade – General writing help / SHSAT or TACHS Prep
· 8th Grade – General writing help / NYS ELA Test Prep
· 9th Grade – General Writing Help / US History or Global Regents Prep (DBQ and Thematic Essays)
· 10th Grade – SAT/ACT Prep
· 11th Grade – SAT/ACT Prep
· 12th Grade – College Essay
· College and Graduate School - Term paper help / Law, Medical, and Graduate School Application Essay
As Mr. Writing Tutor, I continually study standardized testing strategies and ideal college essays. I’ve written numerous colleges essays and studied grammar to the point where I wrote my own grammar book. As your child’s tutor, my goal is to teach strategies, rules, and habits that will help him or her become a better writer in school and throughout life.